Sunday, September 13, 2009

a Giraffe, a Male Model, and High Heels


Nothing like inspired giraffe outfits sported by male super models! I snatched this shot from designscene.net, one of my favorite sites. They specialize on fashion updates, anything thats anything on the prevailing taste. The German brother of mine behind this special photo is Karl Lagerfeld. Home designer to Chanel, Fendi, and his own karllagerfeld.com. The world known male model posing with the real or unreal animal is Baptiste Giabiconi. What a piece. His agencies have been splashing his body from magazine to magazine. Although he is huge and everyone wants a slice of his essence, Eugene Bauder is still my paramour. The home base to this photo belongs to www.purple.fr/fashion.php?i=1 (Purple Fashion Magazine). A heavy stylized topic booklet from Paris, France. I don't know to much on the mag but apparently this photo may or may not belong to it. There's some argument to it at design scene. I don't know, but what I do know is what I wrote down in the first sentences before..

What I really wanted to share is the what 6" high heels Baptiste is wearing. Dangerous for the male heel and the famous drag queens, don't want Baptiste to get to comfortable now, or do we..? Perhaps the effect Lagerfeld wanted for this photo is portraying the art of man standing tall with a wild print like the giraffe. Sort of a friendly savour to the species we place on the back burner. After all art plays a huge role in the fashion industry. Or maybe its just a plain john photo with a man wearing high heels, frightening the heterosexuals. There are many frames of Baptiste and the heels, each one appearing more random after another. Maybe Lagerfeld has an answer for each of them or maybe they were just spontaneously created without an insight at all. Who knows, but what I do know is that I will never casually wear high heels, for a show yea, but not for myself.

Ahh.. The ever so sexist heels, so my eye like friend Rees would say (she's like an eye. Can see what's right in front of her and tells anyone how it is). You see, where I work these days, the ladies are forced to wear heels, black kittens or 2". Rees is so against this she wrote a paper on all the heels disadvantages. She wears flats often and is ready to stand her ground when it comes to heel wearing. Even though they create major health problems for the foot and ankle after some years of wear and tare, the company insists the girls to fall head over heels. I believe the label we work for definitely grabbed some of Karl Lagerfeld's designs, without a doubt, and proclaims the female staff to showcase the knockoffs by wearing black sexy heels.

Hmm.. Sometimes for fun I like to believe we are just living a dream. We make the rules and ideas all around us, our own dealer and creator to our mishaps and annoyances. Or maybe the dream is us living and what I said is true and real. Huh. I don't know, I may be confusing myself now. Anyway I hope Baptiste Giabiconi and Karl Lagerfeld work together some more, I would like to see their creation, so my interest can write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment